Dear Valued Customer,
We wanted to give you an update on how CleveMed is adapting to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
Patient and staff safety are of utmost importance to CleveMed. Our facility and services are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Health Care (ACHC) for home sleep testing. We follow the standards of ACHC and special guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) during this time. Through our research we have found a few steps to help improve your patient and staff safety:
- Ask the patient to throw away used cannula and effort belt before returning the kit
- Disinfect monitor and pulse ox using disinfectant wipes such as PDI Sani Cloth-Prime (for additional protection, you may also spray the pulse ox using Lysol disinfectant spray)
- Wait 3 days between patients’ re-use of equipment.
- Wear single use lab coats, gloves, and regularly disinfect surfaces used while handling home sleep study kits
For cleaning details of our Direct-to-Patient service (SleepView Direct SM ), please see page 2: Cleaning and Disinfection Protocol for SleepView Direct SM.
Our CleveMed Team:
We remain fully operational during the pandemic. We have taken extra precautions to reduce COVID19 exposure; we modified our staff schedule with many co-workers working from home all the time, our staff has been retrained on disinfection procedures, social distancing, and the company sick policy.
We are witnessing unprecedented demand for our mail-order Home Sleep Apnea Testing service, which is causing slower than normal deliveries. Please rest assured that we are trying everything we can to speed our turnaround time.
We will continue to monitor guidance releases by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to ensure the actions we are taking are comprehensive and appropriate. We will of course communicate changes to you if they prove relevant.
Please reach out to us with any concerns or suggestions as to how we can meet your expectations.
Cleaning and Disinfection Protocol for SleepView Direct SM:
CleveMed is taking the following cleaning and disinfection steps for our mail order program (SleepView Direct):
- We use disposable nasal/oral cannula and RIP effort belt(s). We ask the patient to throw away those sensors before returning the kit.
- Disinfect SleepView monitor and pulse oximeter sensor with disinfectant wipes (such as PDI Sani-Cloth Prime) following the manufacturer’s instructions (Pls see Notes below-1).
- We extend the pulse oximeter sensor disinfection by spraying it with a disinfectant spray (such as Lysol Disinfectant Spray) following the manufacturer’s instructions
- For additional precaution, our workflow is re-designed to extend the time between patients’ re-use of the monitor and pulse oximeter sensor to at least 3 days (Please see Notes below-2,3).
- CleveMed employees abide by social distancing, wear single use lab coats, gloves, masks, and regularly disinfect surfaces used while handling home sleep study kits.
- On June 17, 2020, the CDCupdated their recommendations for EPA-registered disinfectants (List N Disinfectants for Use Against SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Pesticide Registration US EPA.csv).
- The CDC (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html), the World Health Organization (https://www.who.int/news-room/q-a-detail/q-a-coronaviruses), as well as the Surgeon General have indicated that there is currently no evidence that COVID-19 is being spread through the mail. According to the CDC, “in general, because of poor survivability of these coronaviruses on surfaces, there is likely very low risk of spread from products or packaging that are shipped over a period of days or weeks at ambient temperatures”.
- Recent research published in NEJM “Aerosol and Surface Stability of SARS-CoV-2 as Compared with SARS-CoV-1” has shown that COVID 19 virus is undetectable after 3 days on plastics or stainless steel.